Followers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

of unremembering.

a lot of things happened between us since we first met. we were once enemies, then friends, later soulmates, and now strangers. everyone keeps telling me to give up, to stop waiting, to forget, to move on. are you not tired of waiting for years, they asked. so i told myself the same things as well. there is no use fighting for things that are not meant to be yours.

but at the end of the day, you're just a part of me i can't let go. diba said the more you try to forget, the more you will remember. i guess it's true. she said time will heal. i don't doubt that, it's just that i wonder how long the healing process would be.

it's happening again right at this moment. the memories are coming back. songs remind me of you. the guitar you played. the scar on your left arm. the jagged scrawl on my desk. the notes you passed in class. movies remind me of you. the tears you cried watching them. the armchair critique you always are. the homework you never finished.

it hurts. remembering hurts. so i tried to unremember it all. which hurts more than remembering itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment