Followers

Sunday, August 16, 2009

bend the time. please.

a few days ago i stumbled across a thankful list of a friend.
it makes me realize how many things there are exactly that i've taken for granted all this time.
so i've decided to write mine as a reminder of who i was and am and to be thankful for both.

i'm thankful for...

::. being born and raised as a MUSLIM.
::. having parents who strut and fret about me rather than neglect me.
::. having sisters whom i fought with one second and shopped together for clothes the next.
::. having brothers who teased me for silly things i did years and years ago.
::. having a mom who is a first-born so that my siblings would be the oldest in my mother's side so that we have every veto in making decision among every cousin ever existed ;p
::. having a dad who has nine siblings so that every gathering makes me wonder which baby belongs to which mother as the number of babies produced by each mother seems to be almost always increasing. LOL!
::. having a mom who is addicted to any ghost movies that she turns into a scaredy-cat who's afraid to sleep alone in a hotel room and made her children accompany her every time she went outstation for work which means a free holiday for us. (",) v
::. having a dad who teaches his children to recite the Quran and pray for Allah's blessing.
::. having an over-protective woman as a mom who calls her daughter every day just to make sure she won't die doing her practicum alone and far from home.. ToT
::. having parents whose hometowns are near to one another which made them never to have an argument over whose hometowns it would be for Raya celebration as we ended up going to both.
::. having a sister-in-law who's a bad cook that she made my ever-so-stingy brother went out and buy lots and lots of pizzas whenever i visit their home. yummy!
::. having a first-ever niece who weighs 7kg when she is only 6 months old and refuses to be put down to sleep.
::. running away from kindergarten when i was six and ended up being the stupidest kid in class upon entering Standard One :(
::. being bullied for half a year in Standard One for making all my classmates went late for recess every day for i was the only one who failed to finish the exercises given on time and they had to wait for me to finish them up since the teachers wanted us to go for recess together to promote unity. as if. ToT
::. finding DANI, the smartest kid in class who said "takpe..." when the other bulliers said "mak aku cakap kalau kiter tolong orang bodoh nanti kiter pon jadi bodoh jugak..." that this smartest kid actually become my friend all through primary, secondary, and still going strong. no wonder she's smart aite?
::. staying up late studying in Standard One to unwind the situation above that i ended up being Number One in exams throughout the year. and the years after that. YESSS!
::. skipping Standard Four and entering Standard Five straight away that i got bullied once again from a senior named NIK MUHAMAD HAFIZ BIN NIK ABDUL RAHMAN from the same class whom i secretly called "chickenik" as only chickens bully those who are weaker who claimed that since i am so clever i should be able to do his homework as well. @!##$%&~!
::. given the chance to learn from the best teachers namely Cikgu Azhar, Cikgu Rosdi, Cikgu Norsilawati, Cikgu Rozaidah, Teacher Syafiqah etc. that i got 5As in UPSR.
::. rejecting an offer to study in a boarding school and entering the worst secondary school in the district which happens to be a school where my dad is the principal.
::. bitching about some innocent teachers and still got 8As in PMR. Alhamdulillah~
::. meeting friends like EZY, ELLA, MA and EMAH who taught me to appreciate small and silly things like blaming my physics teacher who sleeps during class and punish us for failing, to cry my eyes out for a guy worth dumping, to skip classes and hang out in the teacher's room and pretending that we were doing chores for some teachers. ish, ish, ish...
::. not scoring straight As in my SPM. serves me right huhu~
::. entering Malacca Matriculation College for a month and making friends with crazy EKIN, KHAIRA, ADD, TEE, KAY and super hot classmates like BEN and BURN.
::. being lied by my sly mom who chose TESL as my first and second choice in IPTA application saying that the sequence doesn't matter because they will look at my main interest which is actually journalism.
::. enrolling in TESL programme which actually is super cool and i get to meet ANO, DIBA, SYA, NADY, TNEE, and SYU who taught me all their dialects.
::. having friends like AIN and WAWA who travel a lot and bought me stuffs and introducing me to RYO-CHAN. lalalalala~
::. taking Mandarin as my third language and to be able to understand every time my dear students bad-mouthed me using their language. muahahaha!
::. getting DL every semester except last semester in which i cried buckets. bwa-ha-ha.
::. having Dr. Izaham as my supervisor for practicum which makes everything A-okay ;)
::. having Mr. Selva as my mentor who constantly protects me from the monsters at school by ensuring that i won't get any relief for 2D class (^_^)//
::. unable to stand spicy food so i am less likely to get stomach ache.
::. being the victim of bad press among my housemates who make me out to be vindictive, spiteful and in extreme cases actually a psycho. which secretly i think is ironically true.
::. being sent to become a trainee teacher in SMK Sri Istana, the worst school in Klang as they say.
::. meeting students like...
++ ACAP who tries to fix me up with his 'silat' teacher
++ KAMARUL who worships every ground i walk by
++ IQMAL who staples every one of his books so i won't have to see all the bad comments from his previous teacher
++ SHEIKH who made me chase him around the class
++ LUTHFI and AFIQ who camwhore themselves using my phone camera when i wasn't looking
++ AKASHAH who teases me for my running misfit at camp
++ HAIRIAN and HALEEM who stop and chat with me every time our paths crossed
++ SYAZA and YA who hang out with me every day during recess in the teacher's room
++ MEARY who first tells me that she loves me
++ MUSA who scolds every student who talk rudely to me and demands their apologies and won't stop until they do
++ CHEE HONG who sleeps in my class
++ CHUN LOONG who carries my books to class when all teachers complaint that he never even bring any of his books to school
::. and many more who constantly test my patience and remind me of my strengths and weaknesses.
::. having a best friend who held my hand while walking to his kindergarten, gave me my first rose when i was six, bought me keropok at the canteen every day using his money for i was such a social misfit as a kid that i can't even buy my own food without making a fool of myself. thanks EPUL for those hard times you stood by ;)
::. bruising easily and recovering almost as easy.
::. being a Malaysian with its multi racial community.
::. being a human being with minds to think and to decide the life i want to live.
::. always being a year younger than my classmates.
::. being alive until this very moment.

when i was five i used to close my eyes tightly to sleep and wish that i would grow older faster so that i won't have to follow what everyone tells me to do.

now when i close my eyes and i open them back again, i wish it was exactly the same time i was 16 years ago when i was just a kid with absolute innocence lying in bed...

No comments:

Post a Comment